Sunday, May 6, 2007

A wonderful year.






















Yesterday marked the aniversary of Daisy coming into my life. So I thought I would talk a little bit about my dog. I have wanted a dog for a long time. About the time I was 25 someone asked me where I saw myself in 5 years. I replied that I hoped I would be married and starting a family. I said that if That didn't happen I would live by my self with a big friendly dog. I as I was approaching my 30th birthday I decided it was time for me to get my own place and finally get the dog that I'd been wanting. So I found a place and got moved in. Petsmart was having a super adoption. This is where all the dog shelters in the state bring their dogs and cats to the downtown petsmart. They set up two huge tents. One for dogs and one for cats. They set up kennels with 4 or 5 dogs in each then. It is huge and I think there are something like 500 dogs. As you walk around they have pictures of the dogs and whatever they know about them. If you see a dog you are interested in you can ask someone to let that dog out and you can walk around with the dog. It is extremely overwhelming and chaotic. There are so many nervous dogs and tons of people walking around. I just kept thinking that I had no idea how I was suposed to decide on a dog. I must have walked through that place 3 times. I had them take a few dogs out but I was having a hard time knowing what I wanted. Then I saw Daisy. The name they had given her at the shelter was Dory. I had them get her out for me and the first time she saw me she snuggled right up to me and looked at me as if to say "please get me out of this madness.." It was love at first sight. I knew right then She was the dog for me. Daisy is a black lab with two white toes in back and a white belly. The woman at the shelter said that Daisy had been found wandering down the street in Idaho. They didnt know how old she was or anything about her. I have never regretted my decision to get her. She barks like a crazy mad woman when someone knocks on the door and she has a hard time warming up to people when she first meets them but I couldn't ask for a better companion dog. As I write she is laying at my feet and when I get up and walk down the hall she will follow me and laydown in whatever room I go to. She makes me feel loved and a lot less lonely. She treats me like I'm the best person in the world and I really love playing catch with her and watching her race a top speed to get the ball. Happy Birthday my sweet baby girl.

5 comments:

Chelita said...

Wow! I can not believe that you have had Daisy for 1 year!!! I am sure glad you got her though. She is a wonderful dog!

Anonymous said...

Every time we see a dog that is large and black, the girls talk about how it looks just like Joey's dog, Daisy. It makes me smile. :)

Anonymous said...

did you add pictures to this post, or did they not come up the first time I looked at it? Cute!

Jefferson said...

daisy is the sweetest dog that I've ever met. You are really lucky!

Tricia said...

what a great dog!!! I can't wait for my Cloe (who looks just like your Daisy) and my Daisy (who looks nothing like your Daisy) to play together!