Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It's Janelles Day



It is Birthday time again. This time I would like to talk about my older wiser sister Janelle. Janelle has always been older than me. She has always been the type of older sister a girl needs. I always remember thinking every thing she did was so cool and fun. I always wanted to be doing what she was doing. I know that she didn't really like me tagging around but I don't really remember her ever being mean to me. I always just remember her saying nice things to me and letting me play. (she was a much better big sister to me than I was to jill, poor jill) Because Janelle was older than me, we weren't in middle school or high school together. She moved to provo and went to BYU when I started high school and left on her mission shortly after I started college at USU. When she got home from her mission we decide to move in together to get re-acquainted. I moved down to Provo and we lived together at the Belmont apartments. It was a three bedroom apartment with 6 girls living in it. It was small but we had good times there. I loved having Janelle as a roommate. Once our car was towed in the middle of the night on a Saturday night because we didn't put the parking pass in the window. We almost called the police because we thought it had been stolen. It was a good time for me to live with her because I was immature and she was a good example for me.


Before Janelle got married Jill and I took her out to Ice cream. Then we blindfolded her and drove her all around. When our maze of driving around was finished we were at our parents house. We took her into the back yard through the garage and into the basement, where we proceeded to build a fort with blankets and couch cushions. That was a fun night.
When I had to get my Gaul bladder out. My dad was in the hospital My mom couldnt take care of me and my dad since he was at a different hospital across town, so my sister offered to take me in. She got up early on the day of my surgery to take me to the hospital, then was there to pick me up. She took me to her home and set me up in the guest bed She babied me and took really good care of me. I was really out of it for a few days and she woke up every few hours to give me my medicine and feed me waffles. I cant even tell her how much I apprecitated her help. She really went out of her way to be an awesome nurse.Janelle is such a great friend. I love hanging out with her.
Happy Birthday Janelle

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Janelle!!

Janelle said...

I am really glad you have memeories of me being nice because I have distinctly different memories. Keep the nice ones- that is what I want you to remember!

Anonymous said...

Sisters are wonderful things. Mom

Chelita said...

I so have wonderful sisters! Good times!

Janelle said...

I love the photos!